Thursday 8 March 2012

Etc.

SICK!
Being sick sucks.
When your baby is sick it sucks even more.
This particular baby has been sick off and on since Jan 24th.......yeah.....
So Euan had his 12 month vaccinations at the end of Feb. 
Which basically gave him the measles.
I know what you're thinking, but it CAN'T give them the measles, its supposed to STOP them from getting the measles. 
I kid you not, he got a full blown case of baby measles, complete with the itchy rash and high temperature for days on end. 
The Dr. was in denial at first, which put me off going to the Dr. ever, ever again. 
I went back when he wasn't getting better(he also had a horrendous cold to add to his misery)
She admitted when we went back that it probably was the measles.
They are sending off a report to the vaccine people, which is fine, but really they should tell you these things can happen in the first place.
He's on the mend now, he's on antibiotics for his crappy cold and is eating like a champ.
(measles makes your mouth sore so he only drank milk and juice for 4 days)
Here's a couple of pictures of the sicko.

 Don't mind the buns, this is the rash just starting out on his poor little back.
 First day of face rash. 
Itchy little legs!

~

HAIR!
So I know I said I'd never cut his lovely, curly, sweet, luscious, and wonderful hair...but it was getting out of control. 
He was always rubbing his dinner in it and it grows back anyway. 
Right?
It does grow back doesn't it....? 
Before
Before
(I know what you're thinking, doesn't get much cuter!)

After
He absolutely hated getting it cut, it's like he knew that he was losing some super duper cuteness powers.
Samson and Delilah-esque.
I think he's still adorable and he still gets away with murder.

~

SNOW!
I knew that winter couldn't possibly be over yet!
Glenns dream came true when we got a good 40 cm of snow on monday. 
Makes for tricky driving but with sicko in the house we have no where to go anyway!
We only lasted like 10 minutes outside, it was cold, and Euans snot seemed to run more freely outdoors.

Seriously Ma, you want me to go out there?
Snow!
Yeah throw it!
Yeah eat it!
Tiny boots! 
I love them!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment